The outbreak of COVID-19 is affecting everyone in our WISE community, regardless of what area of our industry you reside. The impact is causing all of us to examine our daily lives, movements and as an organization, WISE is doing the same.
WISE Twin Cities is now offering a resource page where we will be adding work from home tips, industry related webinar and whitepapers along with our own virtual events and meet ups!
PODCASTS & BLOGS
- Women Blazers, by Dionna Widder - Women Blazers is a podcast that features interviews with women in the sports industry who are either breaking barriers or on a journey to blaze trails. Through the experiences of others, insights can be gained, new opportunities can be created, and many can be inspired. Click here for more information.
- The Virtual Workplace: Leading Remotely -Working virtually can be difficult for those who suddenly find themselves conducting business from home and physically distant from colleagues. Keep teams connected and productive with communication, some creativity and a little self-care. Click here to read more.
- Women at Work: Conversations about the workplace, and women’s place in it a podcast led by Amy Bernstein, editor of Harvard Business Review. Click here to listen.
- June 10 - 11 - The San Francisco 49ers and SportTechie are proud to present Horizon Summit 2020, the premier sports business, technology and analytics conference. Horizon Summit provides a platform for leagues, teams, corporate partners, vendors, innovators and investors to come together to share ideas, experiences and outlooks. Click here to learn more.
- June 30 - The Minnesota Council Of Non-profits is hosting a virtual training on "Unpacking the Cultural Iceberg: Looking Deeper into Bias and Cultural Norms" on Tuesday, June 30th from 10am-12pm CT. Click here to learn more.
- SportTechie PRO DAYS are single-day educational events that cover a specific subject matter within sports technology. Led by industry experts, attendees examine current realities, explore possible solutions, and consider the future. They are posting all their virtual talks for rewatching on YouTube. Click here to see the full list.
- Included in the SportTechie event was a "State of the Industry" talk with Mark Cuban. Click here to view the video.
- In recognition and celebration of Women’s History Month, Turnkey Research gathered top executives for a 60-minute webinar to discuss the landscape for women in sports, media, and entertainment, and how they empower current and future female leaders. Click here to learn more.
- theClubhouse is hosting webinars on "Coronavirus Support For The Sports Industry". Click here to learn more.
- Navigating Our Finances in Uncertain Times - WISE National did a live Q&A with personal finance journalist and HerMoney Media co-founder Jean Chatzky, catch the replay now along with additional resources for managing your investments, avoiding scams, applying for unemployment and more. Click here to rewatch.
INTERVIEW & JOB SKILL RESOURCES
LinkedIn Talent Solutions published an article recently on "15 interview productivity hacks to help you interview better". Download the guide here.
WISE TWIN CITIES VIRTUAL EVENTS
WISE Twin Cities is working on hosting virtual events and meet ups for our members! Click here to view our events page.